100 Days of Preaching the Gospel #88 | with Daniel Whyte III
SCRIPTURE: Revelation 9
On yesterday, we looked at the blowing of the first four trumpets, and saw how the earth suffers at the hands of an angry God. We saw that…
1. The first trumpet judgment brought about hail, fire, and blood, which destroyed a third of all plant life.
2. The second trumpet judgment brought about a third part of the sea being turned into blood and the death of a third of all sea life.
3. The third trumpet judgment brought about the poisoning of a third of the fresh water supply and the death of many people.
4. The fourth trumpet judgment brought about the diminishing of light from the sun, the moon, and the stars.
You might recall that after the fourth trumpet judgment, the Bible tells us that John “heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!” The three resounding “woes” tell us that even more severe and relentless judgment is about to fall on mankind. Today, we will look at the fifth and sixth trumpet judgments which are revealed in Revelation chapter nine.
1. First of all I want you to notice that severe pain is unleashed on those who reject God.
2. Secondly, I want us to look at the systematic slaughter of earth’s inhabitants.
3. Thirdly, and finally, I want us to see the sad lack of repentance of those who remain.
+ Plus, listen to Jeremy Camp singing “There Will Be a Day” and Deitrick Haddon singing “Sinner’s Prayer”