100 Days of Preaching the Gospel #100 | with Daniel Whyte III
SCRIPTURE: 1 Timothy 4:1-3, 2 Timothy 3:1-5
Today, by the grace of God, I want to continue with part two of the message that we began on yesterday titled “10 Things God Wants You to Do in the Last Days.” This is the last message in this series of 100 days of preaching the gospel. I am grateful to God for the time that we have spent in His Word together over the past 100 days. I hope that you have enjoyed it and that you have been blessed and encouraged by it.
The two passages which we read in I Timothy and II Timothy are a warning message from the Apostle Paul to the young minister Timothy who was leading the church at Ephesus. In 1 Timothy 4, Paul mostly focuses on religous apostasy. In other words, in the last days, false teachers peddling dangerous doctrine would creep into the church and the people of God will be deceived if they are not on guard against it. In 2 Timothy, Paul talks about the moral and social decay that will come about in the “last days.” Tim LaHaye and Ed Hindson write that in this context, the term ‘last days’ refers to the “end of the church age” — and thus a time period that is close to the Rapture of the church and the second coming of Christ. John F. Walvoord states, “Apostasy, of course, was already present in the time that Paul lived, but with the progress of the present age, in spite of the dissemination of the truth and the availability of Scripture, the world will continue to follow the sinful description which the Apostle Paul gave here.”
As I mentioned to you on yesterday, I believe that we are indeed living in the last days. We are drawing ever closer to the Rapture of the church and the return of Christ. And during these days, there are some things that God wants us to do while we wait for His coming. On yesterday, we discussed five of those things, which are as follows:
1. God wants you to be saved, if you are not saved already.
2. God wants us to confess our sins when we commit them.
3. God wants us as His children to pray.
4. God wants us to live a holy life before Him.
5. God wants us to read and meditate on the Bible daily.
These are five basic, fundamental things that God wants us to do based on His word. Today, by the grace of God, I want to share with you five more things that God wants us to do in the last days.
1. God wants us to faithfully attend and participate in a local Bible believing church.
2. God wants us to tithe and give to Him through our local church.
3. In light of the second coming of the Lord, God wants us to love one another.
4. God wants us to witness to those who are not saved.
5. God wants us to put on the whole armour of God.
+ Plus, listen to Andrae Crouch singing “My Tribute (To God be the Glory)” and Deitrick Haddon singing “Sinner’s Prayer”